CONVENTION SOCIAL PROGRAM
Welcome Reception (Optional)
Thursday 17th October 2019
Cost: AUD $55 per head inc. GST.
Venue: Hyatt Place
Includes: Finger food, hot fork dishes and 1 hour drinks package
Dinner at Copacabana International Restaurant (optional)
Friday 18th October 2019, 7:00 pm
Cost: AUD $80 per head inc. GST.
Children’s rate: $40 for ages between 4 and 12 years old (must be
accompanied by an adult)
Includes: Return coach transfers to and from Hyatt Place, traditional Brazilian
BBQ Grill offering 7 choices of meat, buffet of salads, hot dishes, desserts,
drinks package, entertainment with live Latin band, Latin floorshow and DJ.
Dress code: Smart casual
Goona Warra Winery Formal Dinner (Optional)
Saturday 19th October 2019, 7:00 pm
Cost: $110 per head inc. GST.
Includes: Return coach transfer to Goona Warra Winery, 3 course meal including entrée, main, dessert, freshly brewed tea and coffee, Goona Warra drinks package and entertainment.
Dress code: Lounge suit
REGISTRATION AND OTHER FEES
All fees are inclusive of GST and are in Australian dollars
Early Bird Registration: Closes Wednesday 31st July 2019
Guild Member AUD$495
Non Member AUD$594
Regular Registration: Closes Friday 20th September 2019
Guild Member AUD$550
Non Member AUD$660
For enquiries regarding membership please visit http://www.pianotuners.asn.au
Registration closing dates
Early-bird – 31st July 2019
Regular registration – 20th September 2019
• More than 30 days prior to convention - $110 administration fee.
• No refunds after Friday 20 September 2019 (substitute participant accepted).
• Substitute participants welcome even prior to 20 September 2019.
• Changes and/or cancellations for registration bookings must be made in writing and sent to A.M. Meetings Plus P/L by email to email@example.com
• Changes and cancellations to hotel bookings are subject to group booking conditions at the venue’s discretion.
CONVENTION MANAGEMENT & ENQUIRIES
A.M. Meetings Plus Pty Ltd
PO Box 16 Ascot Vale VIC 3032 Australia
Phone: + 61 (0)3 9372 7182
Mobile: (+61) 0412 352 300
Hyatt Place Hotel
Address: 1 English St, Essendon Fields, Melbourne
Room options – all rates are per room per night only
Standard King Room
Mountain View King Room
City View King Room
Twin Share Room with 2 Queen Beds
Guestroom rate includes Free breakfast and Wi-Fi
Check-in time from 1500 hrs and check-out time is 12 noon
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING ACCOMMODATION
Bookings made on the Convention registration forms including electronic are part of a group block booking with the hotel. Block bookings are made on behalf of Convention delegates to ensure availability of accommodation during the convention and to reduce the impact of price fluctuations which occur during major events.
Block bookings are subject to different terms and conditions to regular individual bookings. For this reason full payment is required in advance and all changes or cancellations to bookings MUST be made in writing to A.M. Meetings Plus and NOT to the hotel directly. Cancellations to group bookings are at the discretion of the hotel and are subject to group booking conditions.
ACCOMMODATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Rates are available by booking on the convention registration form only or securely using the register on-line link at
2. Full payment in advance is required (see terms and conditions).
3. Bookings are strictly subject to availability and early reservations are recommended.
4. Changes and cancellations MUST be made in writing to A.M. Meetings Plus on firstname.lastname@example.org and not directly to the hotel.
5. If your changes incur additional costs, please include your written authorisation to charge the card already provided for the balance.
6. Please note that ‘no shows’ or cancellations in full or partial may be subject to penalties at the discretion of the venue and may not be eligible for a refund.
7. All rates listed are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of the 10% Australian Goods and Services Tax.
8. Check your personal itinerary for check in and out times. Earlier and/or later check in/out will be at the discretion of the venue and may be subject to additional fees.
9. Tax invoices and personal itineraries will be issued on receipt of your booking and once full payment has been processed.
10. Room rate includes free breakfast and Wi-Fi
11. Note that disbursements and other expenses must be paid directly to the hotel prior to departure.
12. A credit card imprint may be required on check in for disbursements and other hotel expenses.
Spring in Melbourne (September – November)
The Spring average temperatures in Melbourne range from 9.6 - 19.6°C (49.3 - 67.3°F). The weather is the most variable than at other times of the year, and weather can change quickly from calm and sunny to cold and windy. Pack your umbrella – October is the wettest month with roughly 10 days of rainfall.
Getting to Melbourne
Melbourne Airport is serviced by around 30 international airlines, and is just a 25 minute drive from the city. Direct flights to Melbourne are available from London, North America Ex Los Angeles or Ex New York/Toronto. From New Zealand, fly direct (ex Auckland) in approximately 3.5 hours. Please visit the respective airline websites for full details and flight schedules and costs.
Melbourne is serviced by all major domestic air carriers including Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Tigerair. Jetstar also flies from Avalon Airport near Geelong and regional airlines Qantas Link and REX (Regional Express) fly to Melbourne. Please visit the respective airline websites for full details and flight schedules and costs.
Getting around Melbourne
Melbourne is services by a range of public transport.
Taxi Cabs - Taxi services are readily available at all airports. Cab fares vary depending on the destination and length of travel time.
Yellow cab – 131924 or visit http://yellowcab.com.au/
Black and White cabs – 131 008 or visit http://blackandwhitecabs.com.au/cms/pages/!/display.html
PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN MELBOURNE
myki is Melbourne’s ticket to travel on the city’s trains, trams and buses. It’s a plastic smartcard with stored value which can be topped up and re-used again. Purchase your myki online at https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/ premium train stations, retail outlets displaying the myki sign (including 7-Elevens), or by calling 1800 800 007 (free from a land line) in Australia.
For flexible travel, buy a myki explorer pack at https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki/buy-a-myki/myki-explorer, SkyBus terminals and some hotels. Packs include a pre-loaded myki card with enough value for one day of travel in Zone 1 and 2. The pack includes instructions on how to use myki, a Melbourne tram map and discount entry to Melbourne attractions.
Car rental is available from Melbourne Airport. You may enquire at the car rental counters for additional information and costs. Please ensure you have an approved international or Australian driver’s licence.
Convention participants carry their own risk for personal injury or loss of property, including baggage, during the convention. We strongly recommend that, at the time of booking your travel and tours, you take out a travel insurance policy. This policy should take into account loss of deposit through cancellation, medical insurance, loss or damage to personal property, and financial loss incurred through disruption to accommodation or travel arrangements due to business failures, strikes, or other industrial action. The organisers are in no way responsible for any claims concerning
Privacy Statement: If you do not want your name, organisation and state/country details to appear on the convention delegate list, please ensure you tick the relevant section on the Registration Form. The delegate list will be distributed to all convention participants.
In registering for this convention, relevant details you supply may be incorporated into a delegate list for distribution at the convention. Your details will also be made available to parties directly related to the convention including A.M. Meetings Plus P/L, the convention Committee, banks, venues and accommodation and tour providers for the purposes of processing payments, room bookings and convention options. Your details and information will also be added to the convention database in order to liaise and correspond with you in relation to your attendance. Please note that should you not wish your details to be used in the manner described above, we may be unable to process your booking or registration.
Disclaimer: The information published in this document has been prepared for the clients and associates of the Piano Tuners and Technicians Guild of Victoria Inc (PTTGV). No responsibility for any loss occasioned to any person acting on or refraining from action as a result of information in this publication is accepted by its authors, the convention organisers A.M. Meetings Plus P/L, PTTGV, APTTA or its affiliates. The contents of this document are accurate at the time of printing however, the committee reserves the right to make changes as it sees fit. © PTTGV 2018
You can register securely online following the links at https://secure.clari.net.au/mp/aptta19/reg.php. Please read all information carefully. To secure your place, complete and submit the form with your payment by the due date.
Your registration fee includes:
Attendance at convention lectures and sessions on days of registration.
Convention satchel and documentation.
Registration coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea where applicable.
Access to the Piano Expo.
Guidelines to complete the online form
1. ONE PERSON PER FORM ONLY.
2. Compulsory fields must be completed in order to activate the submit button.
3. Full credit card payment is required with this form.
4. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD$) and include 10% Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST).
5. Cancellations, changes and amendments to confirmed bookings must be made in writing to email@example.com
6. Changes/cancellations to accommodation bookings may be subject to venue imposed fees and penalties.
7. On submission of the online form a summary of your registration will appear on the screen. Please print a copy for your records.
8. Once your registration is processed you will be issued a confirmation letter, Tax Invoice, and accommodation itinerary if applicable.
9. Please note – If paying by credit card, the following will appear on your bank statement “AM MEETINGS PLUS P L MOONEE PONDS” and that a $220 fee will apply if an authorised transaction is queried and reversed without warning, once it has been approved, processed and receipted.